Amantani is an island located in Puno, this place has a variety of vegetation of wild flowers and plants, among which the Kantuta, the national flower of Peru, stands out. This 2-day itinerary includes accommodation in a local family’s home in Amantani. This is to learn more about the culture of the people who live in this part of Peru. Join this adventure and enjoy the traditions of this wonderful place.
DAY 1: PUNO – UROS – AMANTANI ISLAND
We will pick you up from your hotel at approximately 8:00 a.m. to start the excursion to the lakeport. There we will board our motorized boat to visit the “Floating Islands of the Uros”. This experience lasts 45 minutes and during it we will visit different sites, spotting the flora and fauna of Lake Titicaca; in addition, we will be able to buy local handicrafts. We will continue our navigation and after three hours of the trip, we will arrive at the island of Amantani, approximately at 1:00 p.m. We will settle in lodging rooms (family houses), we will taste a typical lunch and for the rest of the afternoon, we will visit the tourist places of the island. In the evening we will have an exquisite typical dinner, and then we will be entertained by a folkloric show performed by the local inhabitants as a welcome to their home. Overnight after the show.
DAY 2: AMANTANI ISLAND – TAQUILE – PUNO
Early in the morning, we will have a typical breakfast in the house of a local family, then we will go from Amantani to Taquile, arriving at 10:00 am. After 3 hours of visiting the tourist sites and in addition to purchasing local handicrafts, we will have lunch on the island before continuing our navigation. We will return to the city of Puno, arriving at the lakeport around 6:00 pm, from where we will go to the hotel overnight.
- Transfer Hotel / Port / Hotel
- VIP Motorized Boat Transportation
- Snack service on board (candies, hot and/or cold drinks).
- Excursion: Uros Island, Amantani, Taquile.
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- All entrance tickets to Uros, Amantani and Taquile.
- Meals: Lunch and Dinner (1st Day), breakfast (2nd Day).
- Lodging in family house in Amantani.
- Boat Includes:
- 28 Reclining seats.
- Bathroom on board.
- First Aid Kit.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Oxygen Balloon.
- 30 Life Jackets.
- 02 Lifebuoys.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Breakfast day 1
- Lunch day 2
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Sportswear for the morning.
- Warm clothes for the afternoon.
- Sun Hat
- Water bottle.
- Camera and batteries.
- Insect repellent, sun block and hat.
- Optional: o Snacks: Cookies, candy, chocolates, energy bars (optional).