DAY 1: CUSCO – CHINCHERO – URQUILLOS
We will pick you up from your hotel at 08:00 hrs. to go in our private transportation to Chinchero (2150m), where we will start with a visit to the colonial temple built on Inca foundations. Then we will visit the archaeological zone, the Inca terraces and we will be able to observe the textiles. At the end of this visit we will begin our walk of approximately 3 – 4 hours in an Andean landscape; this tour runs along a stretch of 8 km along the Inca Trail, which connects the town of Chincheros with the community of Urquillos. We will walk through the gorge and then we will look out over the Sacred Valley from a viewpoint or “ushnu” where we will be able to appreciate the sacred mountains of Pitusiray and Sahuasiray. Then we will enjoy a typical lunch in the Sacred Valley. After lunch we will go to Ollantaytambo train station and board the train that will take us to Machu Picchu Pueblo, where we will spend the night in a previously selected hotel. The next day we will visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu very early in the morning.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU
Early in the morning we will walk or take the first bus to Machu Picchu to enjoy the sunrise in this magical place before the arrival of other tourists from the city of Cusco. We will enjoy the tranquility of the lost city of the Incas in a guided tour (Approx. 2 ½ hours), then we will have some free time to walk around the Citadel or climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu. From here we will have spectacular views of the entire citadel of Machu Picchu, as well as the valleys and mountains that surround it. In addition, we will visit the Temple of the Moon and the fabulous Inca Bridge. In the afternoon we will go down by bus to Machu Picchu Pueblo (formerly Aguas Calientes town) from where we will return to Ollantaytambo by train, and then take the bus that will take us to the city of Cusco.
- Private transport from the hotel to the starting point of the trek (town of Chinchero).
- Visit to the Chinchero archeological center.
- Round trip train tickets from Ollantaytambo to the town of Machu Picchu (or Aguas calientes) and vice versa, using the “Expedition” tourist service or similar.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Entry to Chinchero, Urquillos, and Machu Picchu.
- Round trip bus tickets from the town of Machu Picchu to the citadel of Machu Picchu and vice versa.
- Lunch in the Sacred Valley.
- Dinner at a typical restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- 01 night at a hotel/hostal of your choosing (see list below) in Aguas Calientes.
- Official tourist guide on all tours (Spanish-English).
- Food: 01 Lunch box, 01 dinner, 01 breakfast at the hotel.
- First aid kit.
- Emergency oxygen tank.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Breakfast for the first day and lunch for the second day.
- Extra services, such as tips.
- Entry to the Machu Picchu Hot Springs. The ticket is US $4.00. Towels and bathing suits can be rented in Aguas Calientes.
- Entry to the mountain of Huayna Picchu US $70.00 (If you choose to add this to your experience, please confirm this entry during reservation to check for availability).
- Buffet lunch at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, US $40.00 per person; or lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes, starting at US $15.00 per person.
- Round trip first class train ride to and from the town of Machu Picchu, with the “VISTADOME Tourist Service”. This represents an additional cost of US $70.00 per person (One way tickets are US $35.00).
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original passport.
- Small backpack.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Long trousers.
- Light shoes or trainers.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunglasses and plastic bag.
- Camera and batteries.
- Reusable or disposable water bottle.