DAY 1: CUSCO – CAPULIYOQ – SANTA ROSA
4:00 – 04:30 am we will go through the respective hotels of our clients to start this great adventure. We will drive along the main road Cusco – Abancay, on the way we will take a detour to the town of Cachora where we will arrive in approximately 4 hours. It is here where we will have our breakfast and then continue in our transport for about 30 more minutes to Capuliyoc. It is in this place that we will begin our hike of approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes to Chiquisca. It is here where we can have lunch and have some free time before continuing our descent to Rosalina Beach, which is located at 1500 meters above sea level, and where the Apurímac River is, which is the division between 2 departments: Apurímac and Cusco. We will cross the Rosalina bridge then we enter the department of Cusco again, from here we start an ascent to our camp in Santa Rosa (1915 masl).
DAY 2: SANTA ROSA – CHOQUEQUIRAO – MARAMPATA
After a comforting breakfast, we will continue the ascent, this day we will ascend to the community of Marampata (2870 masl), it is here where we will leave all our things since it will be our camping night here. We will continue for 2 more hours until we reach Choquequirao and make a visit for the whole day. We will enjoy a picnic lunch and continue our exploration.
In the afternoon, we will return to the town of Marampata, where we will camp.
DAY 3: MARAMPATA – ROSALINA BEACH – CHIQUISCA
After breakfast, we begin our return walk and descent to Rosalina Beach, this is where we will have lunch and enjoy a break before starting the ascent to Chiquisca (1910 masl) where we will camp.
DAY 4: CHIQUISCA – CAPULIYOC – CUSCO
After breakfast, although this time it will be a little earlier, we begin our ascent of approximately 3 hours to Capuliyoc, our idea is to leave early and thus avoid the intense sun on the walk. We will arrive at Capuliyoc and here we will say goodbye to the support staff and muleteers to board our transport back to Cusco, we will be arriving at approximately 1:00 p.m.
Keep in mind that the total route of this walk is approximately 40 KM.
- Pick up from your hotel by private bus to the start of the trek (Cachora).
- Entrance tickets to the archaeological complex.
- English / Spanish professional guide throughout the tour.
- Food: 3 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners.
- Camping equipment (tents, kitchen, dining room, chairs, tables, mattresses).
- First aid kit.
- Cook in charge of food preparation.
- Muleteers and mules (in charge of transporting all the camping equipment).
- Accommodation for guides, cooks, and muleteers.
- Return transport Cachora – Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Breakfast on the first day (normally hotels offer breakfast).
- Dinner on the last day (Arrival in Cusco is approximately 8:00 p.m.)
- Entrance to the thermal baths of Qonoc. OPTIONAL:
- Extra horse to carry personal equipment for every day, US $ 100.00 (If you need to carry more than 5 kilos of luggage, you can take an extra porter who can carry up to 25 kilos).
- Sleeping bag (for rent in our office).
- Extra services such as Tips.
- Extra horse to carry personal luggage throughout the trek. If your luggage weighs over 5 kilos, you can hire an extra carrier for transportation of personal equipment (US $80) weighing up to 25 kilos.
- Extra services, such as tips.
- Sleeping bag for the duration of the trek. Available in synthetic (US $15.00) and feather (US $25.00) options. Sleeping bags are available for rent at our office.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- A backpack.
- Original passport.
- 01 full change of clothes.
- Warm clothes.
- Hiking shoes.
- Reusable water bottle.
- Camera and batteries.
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, and hat.
- Toilet paper.
- Bottle of water with purification tablets.