DAY 1: CUSCO – TINKI – UPIS
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco around 6:00 am to go by tourist transport to the town of Tinki (3800 m.a.s.l.) arriving at approximately 10:00 am. On our first day we will enjoy a beautiful and scenic ride during which we will have panoramic views of the landscapes and agricultural fields along the way. We will meet our organization staff and after lunch we will load the equipment on the mules to begin our trek to Upis. On our way we will meet Andean families of the area, who will show us their textile works. Finally we will arrive at the thermal baths of Upis, where we will camp for the night. Then we will have dinner and our first night of camping.
DAY 2: UPIS – PUKA COCHA (AUSANGATE LAGOON)
We will have breakfast quite early and then we will start our hike to the first pass, called Arapa (4800 masl). From here we will be able to observe the Andes mountain range, of which we will have a view until we reach Puka Cocha, our lunch spot. After a rest we will continue our ascent to the extreme pass of Ausangate (4850 masl) and then descend to the shores of the Ausangate Lagoon (4650 masl), where we will camp for dinner and overnight.
DAY 3: AUSANGATE LAGOON – ABRA PALOMANI – CHILLCAPAMPA
After breakfast we will start our third day of adventure to the pass or Abra de Palomani (5200 m.a.s.l.). Upon arrival we will be at the highest point of the trek, close to the sky, and we will have spectacular views of the mountain range and its glaciers. Here we will feel a sense of accomplishment upon reaching our goal. We will descend to the inter-Andean valley called Uchuy Finaya to have lunch and rest. Then we will continue our hike for approximately 3 hours until we reach the town of Chillcapampa, where we will have our dinner and third camp.
DAY 4: CHILLCAPAPAMPA – PAJCHANTA
After our breakfast we will leave towards the town of Pajchanta, seeing on the way lagoons of different colors. We will have lunch on the shores of one of these lagoons, called “Comer Cocha”, enjoying the view while we savor our food. After a rest we will continue our descent to the community of Pajchanta (4010 m.a.s.l.), where we will be able to make a cultural exchange with the Andean people of the place. We will also have the opportunity to take the thermal baths of the area. We will have dinner and spend the night in our camp.
DAY 5: PACHANTA – TINKI – CUSCO
Early in the morning, we will leave our camp to return to the village of Tinki. We will walk for approximately 3 hours until we reach the village, where we will board our transportation back to Cusco. Before, we will be able to explore a little of the village of Tinki. We will arrive in Cusco at approximately 18:00 hrs.
- Transportation aboard tourist bus from the hotel to the starting point of the trek (Tinki).
- Professional guide (Spanish/English) throughout the tour.
- Food: 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners.
- First aid kit.
- Camping equipment (tent, stove, chairs, tables, sleeping mats).
- Emergency oxygen tank.
- Chef, in charge of making the food for the expedition party.
- Mules and carriers, in charge of the transportation of camping equipment.
- Carriers and horses, in charge of the transportation of camping equipment.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entry to Ausangate (Free until further notice).
- Breakfast for the first day (hotels normally offer breakfast).
- Lunch and dinner for the last day.
- Entry to the hot springs.
- Extra horse to carry personal luggage throughout the trek. If your luggage weighs over 5 kilos, you can hire an extra carrier for transportation of personal equipment (US $80) weighing up to 25 kilos.
- Extra services, such as tips.
- Sleeping bag for the duration of the trek. Available in synthetic (US $15.00) and feather (US $25.00) options. Sleeping bags are available for rent at our office.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- A backpack.
- Original passport.
- 01 full change of clothes.
- Warm clothes.
- Hiking shoes.
- Reusable water bottle.
- Camera and batteries.
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, and hat.
- Toilet paper.
- Bottle of water with purification tablets.