Before arriving at the lost city, we will take you to see the Andean towns of the Sacred Valley, including Pisaq and Ollantaytambo. In this last town, we will take a train to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hotel to visit Machu Picchu very early the next day.
On the second day of our trip we will visit Machu Picchu, and we will have the possibility of climbing the Huayna Picchu mountain (if we previously request this ticket), from which we have impressive panoramic views of the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu, as well as the valleys and mountains that surround it. Machu Picchu is a place full of culture, history and a lot of mysticism, things that make it the perfect destination to go on vacation with family or friends.
Day 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
Starts at 8:00 with transportation to the Sacred Valley aboard tourist bus. ⎼After an hour-long commute, we will find the Pisaq archeological site. Guided tour of the Inca site, we will hike down to the small town of Pisaq, where we will visit the typical craft market. Buffet lunch in Urubamba. Visit to the Inca city of Ollantaytambo. We will take the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town. Arrival at the train station, reception and overnight in the chosen hotel. Not included: Dinner.
Day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast at the hotel, we will board a tourist bus, which will take us on a 30 minutes journey up the meandering road to the incredible Machu Picchu. The trip includes 2 hours long guided tour of the Citadel. Here, we will visit the most important landmarks, such as the Main Square, the Round Tower, the Sacred Inca Sun Clock (Intihuatana), the Royal Bedrooms, the Temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries. After the guided tour, we will have some free time to explore the citadel, and to take pictures and videos. Later, we will return to the town of Machu Picchu to have lunch before riding the train back to Cusco. We will board the train to Ollantaytambo at approximately 6:30 pm, where a bus will be waiting for us to take us to Cusco. We will arrive in the Inca Capital around 10:30 pm. Sometimes we can choose earlier train tickets in order to arrive around 06:30 pm to Cusco.
- Transportation on tourist bus to the Sacred Valley.
- Professional tourist guide (Spanish-English).
- Partial Tourist Ticket (Entry only to the tourist attractions in the Sacred Valley.
- Buffet lunch at a typical restaurant in Urubamba.
- Round trip transportation from the hotel to the train station and vice versa.
- Round trip train tickets from Ollantaytambo to the town of Machu Picchu (or Aguas calientes) and vice versa, using the “Expedition” tourist service or similar.
- Round trip bus tickets from the town of Machu Picchu to the citadel of Machu Picchu and vice versa.
- Entry tickets to the citadel of Machu Picchu (valid only for 01 day).
- 01 nights at a hotel/hostal in Aguas Calientes.
- Breakfast at the hotel on day 02 of the trip.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Food and drinks (except for buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley).
- Other perks and services not mentioned above.
- Travel insurance.
- Entry to the mountain of Huayna Picchu US $15.00 (If you choose to add this to your experience, please confirm this entry during reservation to check for availability).
- Full Tourist Ticket of the cusco (entry to 16 tourist attraction). This will cost an additional US $25.00.
- Buffet lunch at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, US $40.00 per person; or lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes, starting at US $15.00 per person.
- Round trip first class train ride to and from the town of Machu Picchu, with the “VISTADOME Tourist Service”. This represents an additional cost of US $70.00 per person (One way tickets are US $35.00).
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original passport.
- Small backpack.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Long trousers.
- Light shoes or trainers.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunglasses and plastic bag.
- Camera and batteries.
- Reusable or disposable water bottle.