Day 1: SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
Starts at 8:00 with transportation to the Sacred Valley aboard tourist bus. ⎼After an hour-long commute we will find the Pisaq archeological site. ⎼Guided tour of the Inca site, we will walk down to the small town of Pisaq, where we will visit the typical craft market. ⎼Buffet lunch in Urubamba. ⎼Visit to the inca city of Ollantaytambo.- Train commute from the Ollantaytambo train station to the “Town of Machu Picchu” (or town of Aguas Calientes). ⎼Arrival at the train station in the town of Machu Picchu. ⎼Reception and overnight stay at a hotel of your choosing in Aguas Calientes. ⎼Not included: Dinner.
We will pick you up at the hotel in Cusco around 8:00; from there, we will embark on a journey to the Andean towns in the Sacred Valley. Our first stop will be at Pisaq, where we will explore this fascinating archeological center, accompanied by a tourist guide. We will also visit Urubamba, crossing the towns of Coya, Lamay, Calca, and Yucay. The trip is approximately 45 minutes long and filled with spectacular views of indigenous flora and fauna. Once in town, we will get to appreciate the fertile crop fields and comfortable atmosphere that surround it, and we will seize the occasion to have lunch at a cozy typical restaurant. Afterwards, we will continue our trip with a visit to the Ollantaytambo archeological complex.
After the guided tour, our tourist bus will take us to the train station for a 2-hours train ride to the “Town of Machu Picchu” (formerly known as “Aguas Calientes”, which is situated 2,000 meters above sea level). Upon our arrival to the train station at the town of Machu Picchu, we will check-in at the hotel where we will stay overnight for a well-deserved rest, and to prepare for the long-awaited tour of the citadel of Machu Picchu.
Day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU
Departure from the hotel at 6:00 am and direct connection to the bus station. ⎼⎼Bus ride to the majestic citadel of “Machu Picchu”. ⎼⎼Guided tour of the citadel with an approximate duration of 2.5 hours. ⎼⎼Return by bus to the town of Machu Picchu (or town of Aguas Calientes). ⎼⎼Lunch. ⎼⎼Transportation to the train station. ⎼⎼Train commute from the station back to Cusco. ⎼⎼Transportation to the hotel. Not included: Food and drinks.
After breakfast at the hotel, we will board a tourist bus, which will take us on a 30-minute journey up the meandering road to the incredible Machu Picchu. The trip includes a 2 hours long guided tour of the Citadel. Here, we will visit the most important landmarks, such as the Main Square, the Round Tower, the Sacred Inca Sun Clock (Intihuatana), the Royal Bedrooms, the Temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries. After the guided tour, we will have some free time to explore the citadel, and to take pictures and videos. Later, we will return to the town of Machu Picchu to have lunch before riding the train back to Cusco. We will board the train to the town of Ollantaytambo at approximately 6:30 pm, where a bus will be waiting for us to take us to the city of Cusco. We will arrive in the Inca Capital around 10:30 pm.
- Transportation on tourist bus to the Sacred Valley.
- Professional tourist guide (Spanish-English).
- Partial Tourist Ticket (Entry only to the tourist attractions in the Sacred Valley.
- Buffet lunch at a typical restaurant in Urubamba.
- Round trip transportation from the hotel to the train station and vice versa.
- Round trip train tickets from Ollantaytambo to the town of Machu Picchu (or Aguas calientes) and vice versa, using the “Expedition” tourist service or similar.
- Round trip bus tickets from the town of Machu Picchu to the citadel of Machu Picchu and vice versa.
- Entry tickets to the citadel of Machu Picchu (valid only for 01 day).
- 01 nights at a hotel/hostal of your choosing (see list below) in Aguas Calientes.
- Breakfast at the hotel on day 02 of the trip.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Food and drinks (except for buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley).
- Other perks and services not mentioned above.
- Entry to the mountain of Huayna Picchu US $15.00 (If you choose to add this to your experience, please confirm this entry during reservation to check for availability).
- Full Tourist Ticket of the cusco (entry to 16 tourist attraction). This will cost an additional US $25.00.
- Buffet lunch at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, US $40.00 per person; or lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes, starting at US $15.00 per person.
- Round trip first class train ride to and from the town of Machu Picchu, with the “VISTADOME Tourist Service”. This represents an additional cost of US $70.00 per person (One way tickets are US $35.00).
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original passport.
- Small backpack.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Long trousers.
- Light shoes or trainers.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunglasses and plastic bag.
- Camera and batteries.
- Reusable or disposable water bottle.