DAY 1: CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY – CUSCO
The Sacred Valley of the Incas is a must-see destination for everyone who visits the city of Cusco, due to its historic significance and the magic that envelops this ancient location. The Sacred Valley of the Incas, also known as “Valley of the Vilcanota” is an exceptional and breathtaking place where we will find an endless variety of plants —among them, the best corn in the world: the giant white corn of Cusco. Additionally, you will be delighted by the beautiful natural landscapes and the sprawling rivers that flow down the valley, during our visit to the most emblematic archeological centers from the Inca period. We will see demonstrations of the advanced Inca engineering and architecture at the Pisaq archeological center, which was built atop a mountain and has a typical Andean market. We will also visit the great Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo, which is currently a living Inca city with a traditional craft market. Our tour will end with a visit to the Chinchero archeological complex and its beautiful colonial church. Finally, we will return to Cusco, captivated by the magical places we visited.
DAY 2: CUSCO – WIÑAYWAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will pick you up at the hotel around 04:00 am, from where we will travel to the Ollantaytambo train station aboard a private transport. We will board the train to kilometer 104, where we will start our trek surrounded by a spectacular jungle landscape. During our hike, we will visit the Chachabamba archeological complex (2150 meters above sea level), and after a walk of approximately 3 hours, we will arrive in Wiñaywayna. This is an impressive complex consisting of an agricultural center with multiple terraces, as well as religious and urban areas. Later, we will climb to Inti Punku or the “Sun Gate”. This portion of our journey is only an hour-long, and we will walk on flat stones along the edge of the mountain’s cliffs. From this point, we will have a first look at the majestic Machu Picchu. From Inti Punku we will descend to Machu Picchu, where we will take a bus to the town of Machu Picchu (formerly known as Aguas Calientes). Once there, we will check-in at a previously booked hotel and, if you wish, you can take a dip at the local hot springs.
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Very early in the morning of our third day, we will climb to Machu Picchu (either walking or on the first bus) to enjoy the sunrise in this magical place before other tourists arrive. We will bask in the peace of the Lost City of the Incas on a guided tour (estimated duration of 2.5 hours), before enjoying some free time to explore the Citadel or climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu. From this mountain, you will have a spectacular view of the entire citadel of Machu Picchu, as well as the valleys and mountains that surround it. If you wish, we will visit the Temple of the Moon and the world-famous Inca Bridge. We will take a bus ride down to Machu Picchu town (formerly known as Aguas Calientes). From here, we will depart to Ollantaytambo by train, where we will take a bus back to Cusco.
- Private transport from the hotel to the train station.
- Tourist bus to the Sacred Valley.
- Tour guide for Sacred Valley tours.
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley.
- Entry to the tourist attractions of the Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo, and Chinchero ⎼ “Partial Tourist Ticket”).
- Train ticket to the starting point of our trek at kilometer 104, aboard the “Expedition” tourist service or similar.
- Return train ticket from Aguas Caliente to the Ollantaytambo train station, aboard the “Expedition” tourist service or similar.
- Return transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Entry to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Round trip bus tickets from the town of Machu Picchu to the citadel of Machu Picchu and vice versa.
- 01 night at a hotel/hostal of your choosing (see list below) in Aguas Calientes
- Professional tourist guide (Spanish/English). Two guides if there are 9 or more passengers.
- Food: 01 Lunch box, 01 dinner, 01 breakfast at the hotel.
- First aid kit.
- Emergency oxygen tank.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Breakfast for the first day and lunch for the second day.
- Extra services, such as tips.
- Entry to the Machu Picchu Hot Springs. The ticket is US $4.00. Towels and bathing suits can be rented in Aguas Calientes.
- 01 bus tickets Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (US $ 12.00).
- Entrance to the Mountain of Huayna Picchu US $ 70.00 (Confirm this entry at the time of reservation, prior availability of spaces).
- Buffet lunch at Machu Picchu Santuary Lodge, US $ 40.00 per person. O Lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes US $ 15.00 per person.
- It has an additional cost if you wish to travel by First Class Train Roundtrip “VISTADOME Tourist Service”, increase US $ 60.00 per person (Only one way or only return US $ 30.00).
- Extra services like Tips.
- Rubber-covered trekking pole.
- Snacks (cookies, sweets, chocolate, energy bars).
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- A backpack.
- Original passport.
- 01 full change of clothes.
- Warm clothes.
- Hiking shoes.
- Reusable water bottle.
- Camera and batteries.
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, and hat.
- Toilet paper.
- Bottle of water with purification tablets.