We curated this special tour specifically for clients who want to take a non-stop two day tour to both Rainbow Mountain AND Ausangate Lakes. In this comprehensive package, we will start the tour with a hike to Rainbow Mountain on the first day and on the second day we will visit the 7 lakes of Ausangate. On top of that, it also includes a relaxing visit to the Pajchanta hot springs. In terms of accommodation, all participants will spend the night in a local warm and welcoming host-family.
DAY 1: CUSCO – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – PAJCHANTA
Firstly, at 05:00 AM, we will start with the pick up of our clients from their respective hotels to start this great adventure. Then, we will drive to the south of Cusco via the main road to Puno. After approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, we will then arrive at the town of Cusipata. Once there, we will enjoy our delicious breakfast. We will continue with our trip for another hour on a dirt road, and we will climb from 10,990 to 15,157 feet above sea level to begin our hike.
The route is approximately 5 miles in total round trip, and our guide will always be with us throughout the entire trip. After enjoying the landscape and taking the wonderful photos, we will make our way back to the parking point. We will board our transport and return to Cusipata to enjoy our buffet lunch. We will then continue our trip for approximately 2 hours to the Tinki community on completely paved road and then for 40 more minutes to the Pajchanta community on a dirt track.
Upon arriving in Pajchanta, the local people will be waiting for us in order to take us to our rooms, and then we can go to the hot springs, enjoy dinner and rest for the next day.
DAY 2: PAJCHANTA – AUSANGATE 7 LAKES – CUSCO
At 6:30 AM we will have our breakfast and then start our hike through the circuit of the 7 lakes. The total distance is 6 miles and takes approximately 5 hours. We will visit the lakes of Pucacocha, Azulcocha, Otorongo (Male), Otorongo (Female), Huchuypucacocha, Chuñuqocha, and then Oquecoch. Then, we will enjoy the wonderful landscape of the Andes and an impressive view of the majestic Ausangate Mountain, the highest in Cusco at about 20,944 feet above sea level. At the end of the circuit, we will return to Pajchanta, where we will have lunch and have free time to enjoy the thermal baths. Finally, we will return to Cusco and will be arriving at approximately 5:30 pm.
INCLUDED IN RAINBOW MOUNTAIN AND AUSANGATE LAKES TOUR:
- Touristic transportation
- Entrance ticket to Rainbow Mountain and Ausangate Mountain
- Professional bilingual guide (English/Spanish).
- Double accommodation at basic hostal in Pajchanta town
- Meals during the excursions (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner/Vegetable option is available too).
- First aid kit
NOT INCLUDED RAINBOW MOUNTAIN AND AUSANGATE LAKES TOUR:
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Backpack with rain protection.
- Warm and cold weather clothing such as a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and light pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Wool or synthetic socks and jersey.
- Long and short sleeve polo shirts/shirts.
- Rain poncho and hat.
- Bathing suit (for the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, alcohol and disinfectant gel, bottle of water, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in a plastic bag), flashlight and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and nuts.
- Original passport.
- Extra money in soles.
- Since the weather can be very cold and humid, your clothes, once wet, will not dry overnight. So take some clothes to change into.
- Take a look out or blog post about combatting altitude sickness.