We created this alternative for clients who want to take two, 1-day tours on their trip but without returning to Cusco. On this occasion, we will start the tour with the hike to the Rainbow Mountain and on the second day we will visit the 7 Lagoons of Ausangate. A great option, since we will spend the night in the house of a local family, and we will be able to enjoy the Pajchanta hot springs.
DAY 1: CUSCO – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – PAJCHANTA
05:00 AM we will start with the pick up of our clients from their respective hotels to start this great adventure. We will drive to the south of Cusco by the main road, tu Puno. After approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, we will be arriving in the Cusipata town, it is here that we will enjoy our delicious breakfast. We will continue with our trip for another hour on a dirt road, and we will climb from 3,350 masl to 4,620 masl, the place and height where we will begin our hike. The route is approximately 7 km in total between round trips, our guide will always be with us throughout the trip. After enjoying the landscape and taking the wonderful photos, we will make our way back to the parking point. We will board our transport and return to Cusipata to enjoy our buffet lunch. We will continue our trip for approximately 2 hours to the Tinki community, completely paved road and then for 40 more minutes to the Pajchanta community, on a dirt track.
Arrival in Pajchanta and the local people will be waiting for us in order to take us to our rooms, we can go to the hot springs, enjoy dinner and rest for the next day.
DAY 2: PAJCHANTA – AUSANGATE 7 LAGOONS – CUSCO
6:30 AM we will have our breakfast and then start our hike and do the circuit of the 7 lagoons. The total distance is 10 km and approximately 5 hours. We will visit the lagoons of (Pucacocha, Azulcocha, Otorongo Macho, Otorongo Hembra, Huchuypucacocha, Chuñuqocha, Oquecocha) We will enjoy the wonderful landscape of the Andes and an impressive view of the majestic Ausangate Mountain, the highest in Cusco 6384 masl. At the end of the circuit, we will return to Pajchanta, here we will have lunch and have free time to enjoy the thermal baths. Return to Cusco, we will be arriving at approximately 5:30 pm.
- Touristic transport
- Entrance ticket to Rainbow Mountain and Ausangate Mountain
- Professional bilingual guide (English/Spanish).
- Double accommodation at basic hostal in Pajchanta town
- Meals during the excursions (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner/Vegetable option is available too).
- First aid kit
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Backpack with rain protection.
- Warm and cold weather clothing such as a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and light pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Wool or synthetic socks and jersey.
- Long and short sleeve polo shirts/shirts.
- Rain poncho and hat.
- Bathing suit (for the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, alcohol and disinfectant gel, bottle of water, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in a plastic bag), flashlight and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and nuts.
- Original passport.
- Extra money in soles.
- Since the weather can be very cold and humid, your clothes, once wet, will not dry overnight. So take some clothes to change into.