The Apurímac Canyon, one of the deepest in South America, has the river called Apurímac “God who speaks”, the section where this rafting activity is carried out is one of the most fascinating and exciting since it has level II rapids up to level V. There are even areas where there are level VI rapids, of course, according to regulations, it is not possible to run them. Cheer up for this extreme adventure and feel the adrenaline of this great trip. We will spend nights camping with campfires on the riverbank.
Our guides will come to meet you the night before at your hotel to give you the corresponding explanations regarding the tour.
DAY 1: CUSCO – APURÍMAC RIVER
08:30 AM we will go to your hotel to start this great adventure. We will start our trip towards the Huallpachaca bridge, located southeast of Cusco, approximately 4 hours away. We will arrive at the starting point at lunchtime. After enjoying a delicious lunch, our guides will proceed to distribute all the safety equipment such as Helmet, life jackets, oars, jackets then they will give us a brief safety talk on how to use the equipment and how to row while being inside the river, in addition to a rescue demonstration in the water. Next, we will proceed to paddle for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes until we reach our camp located on the riverbank.
DAY 2: APURÍMAC RIVER
After enjoying a delicious breakfast prepared by our guides, we will set up the entire camp, pack up and continue with this magnificent adventure. This day will be full of adrenaline as we will run class III and class IV rapids. Keep in mind that in this section we will find class VI portages which we will stop and walkthrough. We will arrive at a point where we will enjoy our lunch and then we will continue sailing, we will arrive at our camp at approximately 5:00 pm. It is also located on the river bank. We will set up camp and after dinner, we can make a campfire and enjoy the sound of the river and the jokes of our guides.
DAY 3: APURÍMAC RIVER – CUSCO
One more day of adventure. After breakfast, we will pick up our camp and continue paddling for about 4 more hours. On this day we will run class III, IV, and V rapids. The final point of our route inside the river is the Cunyac Bridge, where we will pack all our equipment, have lunch and continue our trip back to the city of Cusco.
- Tourist transport Cusco – Huallpachaca and Kunyac – Cusco
- Certified professional guides in class V
- Safety kayak guides
- Complete rafting equipment (life jacket, boat, helmet, paddle, waterproof jacket)
- Spacious double tents. If you want an individual tent, an additional cost will be charged. Consult.
- Sleeping pad
- Food during the tour: 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Drybags for the belongings of our passengers
- Extra cargo boat
- First aid kit
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Things not mentioned in INCLUDES
- Additional features
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Sleeping bag
- towel, flashlight
- Velcro sandals to wear inside the boat on the river
- Extra clothing (jacket for the night, shorts, t-shirts, socks, etc.)
- mosquito bite repellent
- Sunglasses, sun hat, toilet paper
- Extra money for emergencies
- Well packed personal belongings
- Bottle of water and snacks