DAY 1: CUSCO CITY TOUR
Reception at the airport and Free Morning. City Tour: We start the tour with the pick-up at 1:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. We visit the Koricancha Temple and 8 km from the city we visit the 4 ruins: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, PucaPucara, and Tambomachay.
The Cusco city is one of the most visited places in the world due to the number of important archaeological centers, Inca walls, colorful costumes, churches built on Inca palaces, citadels lost in the heights of the Andes, legendary roads, and all the beauty of a glorious past that surrounds the visitors who arrive at the imperial city of the Incas.
Cusco is the sacred city of the Incas and the Archaeological Capital of the Americas, that is why we have prepared this tour for you of a day trip that takes place in the afternoon, where we will visit the most representative places of the ancient capital of the Inca empire.
Koricancha: We will discover the Religious center known as the “Temple of the Sun” where the impressive engineering used in its construction is highlighted.
Sacsayhuamán: We will be impressed with a fortress of monumental stones and excellent architecture, located 3 km. from the city of Cuzco.
Qenqo: We will follow our steps to this ceremonial and ritual center, where sacrifices were made and tributes were paid to ancient forces.
PucaPucara: Formerly known as a Tambo, it is a lookout post along the Inca trails.
Tambomachay: The ceremonial center for the worship of water, located 7 km from the city of Cusco, traditionally known as the place of the waters, is another of the stops that cannot be missed on our tour.
DAY 2: CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS – CUSCO
Departure at 08:00 a.m. by Tourist Bus to the Sacred Valley. – Approximately one hour of the route we will find the archaeological site of Pisac. Guided tour of the Inca site, we will descend on foot to the small town of Pisac and you will have the opportunity to visit the Typical Market. Buffet lunch in Urubamba. Visit the Inca city of Ollantaytambo.
Pisac: At the entrance of the Urubamba Valley in Pisac, a magnificent mestizo town where you can distinguish the old neighborhood (archaeological site) from the modern part with its colonial characteristics. The main attraction of Pisac is the traditional indigenous market, where we will find a great variety of typical objects of the region, made of cloth or ceramics. We will also admire the typical costumes of the region, quite colorful and worn by the local people. Additionally, we will be able to visit the old colonial church of Pisac, where masses are still celebrated in Quechua on Sundays, attended by local residents and “varayocs” (local authorities from different cities). We will end our visit to Pisac with a look at the interesting irrigation system for the fields and the fabulous astronomical observatory from Inca times.
Urubamba: To go to Urubamba we will pass through the towns of Coya, Lamay, Calca, and Yucay, observing beautiful flora and fauna during a 45-minute tour. At the end of the trip, we will arrive at the city of Urubamba, located in the heart of the Sacred Valley, in the middle of a fairly comfortable and fertile area that constitutes an important pre-Hispanic agricultural center. We will take advantage of this pleasant atmosphere to have lunch in a cozy typical restaurant.
Ollantaytambo: In the afternoon we will go to the Ollantaytambo region, also known as “Valle del Tambo”. This is the only “living” Inca city, that is, the only one inhabited, and it extends along the Vilcanota River, reaching Machu Picchu. We will visit the famous fortress of Ollantaytambo, which stands out in the valley, where we will see some of the most imposing constructions of the Inca empire.
Chinchero: On the way back to the city of Cusco we will stop to visit Chinchero and its small chapel. This town, like Pisac, is known for its traditional market; however, the Chinchero market, although smaller, is richer in tradition and offers a greater variety of textiles. Finally, we will return to Cusco, where we will leave you in your accommodations.
DAY 3: CUSCO – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
We will start this tour very early, picking you up from the hotel around 4:00 am. to go by tourist transport to the train station and make a captivating trip of three and a half hours to Machu Picchu, also known as “The Lost City of the Incas”.
We will arrive at the “Machu Picchu train station, and immediately we will get on a bus that will take us on a 30-minute trip, ascending a zigzag path, where we will finally arrive. to the incredible Machu Picchu. The excursion includes a guided tour of approximately 2 hours in the citadel. During the visit, we will visit the most important sites around Machu Picchu. After a guided tour, we will go back to Aguas Calientes town in order to have lunch before boarding our return train. In the afternoon, at approximately 6:30 p.m. We will board our train towards the town of Ollantaytambo, where a bus will wait for us to return to the City of Cusco, which we will arrive at approximately. 10:00 p.m.
DAY 4: CUSCO
At the appropriate time, we will have our last transfer to the Cusco airport.
- Transfer Airport – Hotel and vice versa.
- Touristic bus.
- Official tour guide on all tours (Spanish – English).
- Entrance to the Koricancha Temple.
- General Tourist Ticket (for 16 tourist sites including City Tour and Sacred Valley).
- Transfers from the hotel to the train station and vice versa.
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley.
- Bus tickets Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Round trip train tickets Ollantaytambo – “Machu Picchu Pueblo” (or Aguas Calientes) – Ollantaytambo in Tourist Service “Expedition” or similar.
- Bus Tickets Up and Down “Machu Picchu Pueblo” – Machu Picchu Citadel.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu (Valid only for 1 day).
- 03 Hotel Nights in Cusco if you wish, according to the hotel chosen by you (see list below).
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Food (Except in the Sacred Valley).
- Others are not Mentioned in the program.
- Entrance to the Mountain of Huayna Picchu US $ 15.00 (Confirm this entrance at the time of reservation, prior availability of spaces).
- Buffet lunch at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge US $40.00 per person.
- It has an additional cost if you want to travel on the Roundtrip First Class tourist train in “VISTADOME Tourist Service”, increase US$70.00 per person (Only One way or only Return US$35.00).
- Entrance to the Thermal Baths of Machu Picchu Pueblo US $ 4.00 approx. per person.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original Passport.
- A personal backpack.
- Rain poncho.
- Long sleeve shirts.
- Long pants.
- Sneakers or light shoes.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Camera and batteries.
- Water Canteen or Bottle of mineral water.
- Medicines and personal things.
- Carry coins in small denominations Soles or Dollars.