A great 3-day adventure trip to the great Machu Picchu wonder. This entire circuit is designed for adventurous people who like mountain biking, rafting, zip-lining, hiking, etc. It will be 3 days of extreme adventure and a different way of getting to know the great wonder, Machu Picchu. Join us on this adventure and feel the adrenaline of each of these extreme sports.
DAY 1: CUSCO – SANTA MARÍA – SANTA TERESA
06:00 AM will be the pickup of our clients from their respective hotels. We will drive for approximately 3 hours to Málaga Pass (4300 masl) Here our guide will provide you with all the mountain biking equipment (Bikes, body armor, knee pad, gloves and integral helmet) We will start this descent on MTB, more than 60 km in approximately 3 hours, starting at 4,300 meters above sea level and descending to the tropical jungle at 1,600 meters above sea level. We will arrive in the town of Santa María where we will have lunch and in the afternoon we will do our rafting tour, the route is 14 km for approximately two hours, and we will provide you with all the necessary equipment (Life Jacket, Helmet, Windbreaker, Paddle and Boat). At the end of the activity, we will go to Santa Teresa town. Visit the Cocalmayo Hot Springs and dinner.
Accommodation in a hostel.
DAY 2: SANTA TERESA – HYDROELECTRIC PLANT – AGUAS CALIENTES
After enjoying our breakfast, we will have to do the canopy adventure. We will run distances between 500 and 1200 meters at 200 meters high, the approximate time is 2 hours. Then we will continue in our transport to the Machu Picchu Hydroelectric Power Plant, after a refreshing lunch, we will continue with a hike of approximately 3 hours until we reach the Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu Pueblo). In the afternoon, we have free time to go to the thermal baths (optional).
Dinner and we will rest for the next big day.
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
We have breakfast early and then go to board one of the first buses that goes to Machu Picchu. It is a trip of approximately 30 minutes, once in Machu Picchu, we will have a guided tour of approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes. Then free time to take pictures and hike back to Aguas Calientes. The descent is approximately 1 hour. We will have free time for lunch (not included) and then we will board our return train to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo, our transport will be waiting to take us back to Cusco.
- Tourist transport
- Bilingual expert guide (English/Spanish)
- 02 nights of accommodation in double rooms (ask for price for single supplement)
- Bicycles and protective equipment
- Canoeing tour with protective gear
- Canopy with protective equipment (05 cables + a suspension bridge)
- Food (02 Lunches, 02 Dinners, 02 Breakfasts)
- Bus up: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, Expedition class or similar
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- First aid kit
- Entrance tickets to thermal baths
- Bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- First breakfast and last lunch
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu (US$25 according to availability)
- Additional features
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original documents
- Small backpack
- Sunscreen, repellent, hat
- Rain poncho (November – March)
- hiking shoes
- personal medications
- Extra money
- Photographic camera
- Snacks, chocolates, fruits.
- A change of clothes
- Bathing clothes and sandals (for thermal baths)