This tour is designed for travelers who don’t really like hiking and who want to make the trip to Machu Picchu by train without much hurry. We will have a restful night in a hotel before visiting the majestic Inca citadel. After a guided tour of this, we will be able to climb the Huayna Picchu Mountain(You have to book in advance in order to climb this mountain) and visualize the beautiful Machu Picchu Archaeological Center in all its magnitude. This Wonder of the Modern World is a place full of culture, history, and a lot of mysticism, which makes it the perfect destination to go on vacation with family or friends.
DAY 1: CUSCO – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will pick you up from the hotel around 10:00 a.m. to go in tourist transport to the train station and make a three-hour trip to “Machu Picchu town” (or “Aguas Calientes”, 2,000 meters above sea level)if the train is from Ollantaytambo, the trip will be 1 hour 30 minutes approximately by touristic transport and other 1 hour 45 minutes by train. We will arrive at the train station, and then we will go to our hotel to settle in its facilities and take a break. From this moment, we will have the afternoon free to enjoy lunch at a tourist restaurant in the same town. Then we will have the opportunity to enjoy a restful bath in the hot springs of “Machu Picchu town”. We will return to the hotel to spend the night, rest, and wait for the long-awaited day to visit Machu Picchu very early.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast at the hotel, we will take a bus that will take us on a 30 minutes trip, ascending a zigzag path, to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. This is also like “The Lost City of the Incas”, and today’s “New Wonder of the Modern World”.
The excursion includes a 2 hours guided tour of the citadel. Along the tour, we will visit the most important sites of Machu Picchu, such as the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the royal rooms, the Temple of the Three Windows, and the cemeteries. Afterward, we will have free time to take a hike around the citadel, take photos, and film. In the end, we will return to “Machu Picchu town” to have lunch before boarding our return train. In the afternoon, at approximately 6:30 p.m., we will board our train to Ollantaytambo, where a bus will wait for us to return to Cusco, where we will arrive around 10:00 p.m.
- Transfers from the hotel to the train station.
- Round trip train tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo in tourist train “Expedition” or similar.
- Transfer by bus Up and Down Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Transfer from the Ollantaytambo train station to Cusco.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu (valid only for 1 day).
- Professional Guide Service (Spanish – English).
- 01 night of lodging in Hotel/Hostal in Aguas Calientes, according to the chosen hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel on the second day.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Travel insurance
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu mountain US $15.00 (Confirm this entrance at the moment of the reservation prior availability of spaces).
- Buffet lunch at Machu Picchu Santuary Lodge, US $50.00 per person and Lunch in Aguas Calientes town from US$15.00 per person.
- It has an additional cost if you want to travel by First Class Roundtrip train “VISTADOME Tourist Service”, increase US $70.00 per person (Single One Way or only return US $35.00).
- Visit to the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes (admission is US$ 4.00. Towels and bath clothes can be rented in Aguas Calientes).
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original Passport.
- A personal backpack.
- Rain poncho.
- Long sleeve shirts.
- Long pants
- Sneakers or light shoes.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Sunglasses and plastic bag.
- Camera and batteries.
- Water Canteen or Bottle of mineral water.
- Medicines and personal things.
- Extra money in Soles or Dollars.