This tour is designed for travelers who don’t have much time to experience a trek to Machu Picchu. In addition, it is ideal for those who are only interested in visiting Machu Picchu, enjoying a beautiful landscape by train from the city of Cusco.
Machu Picchu, the “New Wonder of the Modern World”, is located at an altitude of 2,450 meters and was discovered by the North American explorer Hiram Bingham in 1911. Since then, it has been the most important and most visited archaeological center in South America.
DAY 1: MACHU PICCHU, LOST CITY OF THE INCAS
We will start this tour very early, picking you up from the hotel at approximately 4:00 am. From there we will go by tourist transport to the train station and we will make a captivating trip of three and a half hours to the Machu Picchu Historic Sanctuary, also known as “The Lost City of the Incas”, today “New Wonder of the Modern World”
We will arrive at the Machu Picchu Pueblo station (before Aguas Calientes, at 2000 masl), we will immediately board a bus that will take us to Machu Picchu, a 30-minute trip through a zigzagging path. Once in Machu Picchu, we will take a guided tour of approximately two hours during which we will visit the most important sites of the Inca citadel, such as the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the royal rooms, the temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries. Later we will have free time to take a walk through the citadel, take photos, and film, and at the end, we return to the town of Machu Picchu to have lunch before boarding our return train. In the afternoon at approximately 6:30 p.m. We will take the train to the town of Ollantaytambo, where a bus will wait for us to return to the City of Cusco, where we will arrive at approximately. 10:30 pm
- Transfers from the hotel to the train station and hotel.
- Round trip train tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo, in “Expedition” or similar tourist service.
- Transfer by bus up and down “Aguas Calientes” – Machu Picchu – “Aguas Calientes”.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu (valid only for 1 day).
- Professional guide service (Spanish – English).
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Others are not mentioned in the program.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Backpack with a raincoat.
- Warm and cold-weather clothing such as a waterproof jacket.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and thermal baths).
- Long or short sleeve polo
- water poncho
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, alcohol disinfectant gel.
- Water bottle.
- Purifying tablets, toiletries, and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in a plastic bag)
- Snacks, chocolates, nuts
- Extra money in soles.