Learn about this community customs located in the highest parts of the Apus (spirit of the mountain) of Pisaq and which is also located within the National Potato Park, therefore it is one of the communities with the highest production of this potato. On the way we will visit the Pisaq town where we can enjoy a typical natural landscape of Andean areas. Upon arrival, you will be received with the greatest warmth of its people, instrumental music, dances and an inevitable tasting of the various potatoes that are grown. The community has around 500 inhabitants including adults, children, and young people who dedicate their energy to the conservation of their ancestral customs, for example, making unique pieces of textiles and living in harmony with nature.
DAY 1: CUSCO – KINSACOCCHA COMMUNITY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
- Departure at 08:00 a.m. in tourist transport.
- We will drive 1.5 hours until the Kinsacoccha community.
- Presentation with the community, dances and development of the different workshops.
- Walk to the Kinsacoccha Lagoon.
- Lunch prepared by the Kinsacoccha community.
- Transfer from Pisaq to Ollantaytambo train station.
- One-way train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes
This is one of the most important activities in the community, we will visit one of the native potato plots to recognize their varieties and agricultural work with different traditional and ancestral tools.
This activity does not allow us to recognize the different types of Andean tubers called “potato”, “oca”, “maswa”, and the production of dehydrated potatoes called “chuño” and “moraya”.
In this activity we will be able to live the ancestral process about the elaboration of Andean textiles made with sheep wool dyed with plants, minerals and natural inputs, under the system called “lejos” using homemade tools such as small wooden boards and animal bones. Opportunity to learn the traditional techniques used in the elaboration of their materials, the extraction of wool and the use of natural dyes, this activity is carried out by women.
Hike to the Kinsaccocha lagoon
In this activity we will visit one of its spectacular lagoons in the community, the “Kinsaccocha” Lagoon, located 30 minutes hike from the family home, we will have an impressive view of the lagoon.
DAY 2: CUSCO – KINSACOCCHA COMMUNITY– OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
- Departure 06:00 hrs approx. from the hotel and connection with the bus up until Machu Picchu main gate.
- Guided visit to Machupicchu.
- Return by bus to Aguas Calientes
- Connection with Aguas Calientes train station – Ollantaytambo Station.
- Transfer Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Tourism transport for all tours.
- Official tour guide.
- Local guide in Kinsacoccha community.
- Food (prepared by the community).
- Participation in workshops on Andean weaving, agricultural workshop and hike to the Kinsacoccha Lagoon.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Round trip train tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo on the “Expedition” tourist train or similar.
- Bus ticket: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu (valid only for 1 day).
- Tourist bus.
- Official tourist guide.
- Meals not mentioned
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Passport or Identity Document.
- Video and/or photographic camera.
- Light clothing and comfortable shoes.
- A personal backpack.
- Rain poncho.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Sunglasses and plastic bag.
- Water Canteen or Bottle of mineral water.
- Medicines and personal things.
- Carry coins in small denominations Soles or Dollars