It is one of the most wonderful and complete alternative tours, as it is a mixed tour of extreme adventure with bicycle descent. We will also have the option of rafting and ziplining during these days.
During the walk in the immensity of the valley and the edge of the jungle, we will arrive at the thermal baths after enjoying nature. We will observe fruit, coffee, and coca leaf plantations, as well as exotic animals. Finally, we will know the first Wonder of the Modern World —Machu Picchu
DAY 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – SANTA MARIA.
We will pick you up from the hotel between 7:15 hrs. And 7:30 a.m. to then start our trip by bus, during which we will have a panoramic view of the city of Cusco, Chinchero and Ollantaytambo. We will reach a height of 4,330 meters above sea level, and we will cross impressive landscapes, which include snow-capped mountain ranges, such as La Verónica. Our tour will last approximately 4 hours, after which we will arrive at Abra Málaga. (4315 m.a.s.l.). From here our bicycle adventure will begin through one of the most beautiful landscapes, encountering the wild puna and the immensity of the valley as we go until descending to a temperate zone of jungle. In this portion of our journey, we will be surrounded by an abundant flora and fauna typical of the jungle. We will visit the Inca archaeological remains of InkaTambo and Huamanmarka in the middle of the road, accompanied by our guide. Finally, after approximately 3 hours of biking, we will arrive at Santa María (1,200 masl) to have lunch at a local restaurant. Optionally, we will have the possibility of rafting for an approximate time of 2 ½ hours. We will have dinner and spend the night in a hostel with basic services.
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA – COCALMAYO – SANTA TERESA
After breakfast with juices and fruits from the region, we will begin a 7 to 8-hour hike. We will hike through paths full of vegetation, where we can appreciate the cultivation and harvest of coffee, the coca leaf (sacred plant of the Incas), the flora and fauna of the place, medicinal plants, birds, butterflies, snakes, exotic fruits of the jungle. (such as mango, pineapples, papayas, avocados etc.) and we will visit a local family. We will also see the waterfalls and use part of the perfectly preserved ancient Inca trail. After passing an Oroya, we will visit the archaeological complex of the Inca Carcel and the natural thermo-medicinal baths of Cocalmayu, where you can take a restorative bath and then enter the town of Santa Teresa (1,570 masl), where we will have our food and spend the night.
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
After our breakfast with local food, we will start our hike to see the beautiful Mandor Falls. On the way, we will see the mountains of San Miguel and Putucusi; In addition, we will cross the Vilcanota River through a typical Oroya. We will enjoy the wild and magical landscape of this place, we will be able to delight in the great variety of vegetation and animals, among which we will see a variety of insects, iguanas, butterflies, and medicinal plants. When we arrive at Hydroelectric, we will enjoy our lunch and a walk along the railway until we reach the town of Aguas Calientes. Here we will have our dinner and spend the night in a hostel / hotel chosen by you. Optionally on this day, we will have the possibility to do a zip-line (called “monkey tail”), an adventure with a lot of adrenaline to conclude the trip through the Inca jungle. After the tour, we will continue the trip to the town of Machu Picchu.
Day 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
Very early, we will hike or take the first bus to Machu Picchu to enjoy the sunrise in this magical place before the arrival of other tourists from the city of Cusco. We will enjoy the tranquility of the lost city of the Incas on a guided tour (Approx. 2 ½ hour). Then we will have free time to walk around the Citadel or climb the Huayna Picchu mountain. From there, we can see spectacular views of the entire citadel of Machu Picchu and the valleys and mountains that surround it. If we wish, we can visit the temple of the moon and the fabulous Inca bridge. In the afternoon we will go down by bus to Machu Picchu Pueblo (before the town of Aguas Calientes) from where we will return to Ollantaytambo by train, and then take the touristic transport that will take us to the city of Cusco.
- Transfer from the hotel in tourist transport to Abra Málaga.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu (valid for 01 day).
- Return train in “Expedition Tourist Train” or similar.
- Professional guide in Machu Picchu.
- Cycling and Trekking Guide throughout the tour.
- Mountain Bike Equipment (Helmet, gloves, elbow pads, knee pads).
- Bicycle mechanic and spare parts kit.
- Food (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners) vegetarian option
- 02 nights in a basic hostel during the trek (without option to choose).
- 01 Hotel Night in Aguas Calientes (with private bathroom) according to your choice.
- First aid kit (oxygen).
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Breakfast on the 1st day.
- Lunch on the 4th day.
- Bus up and/or down (Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes).
- Entrance to the Cocalmayo Hot Springs in Santa Teresa (US $4.00).
- Entrance to the Hot Springs of Aguas Calientes (US $4.00).
- Extra services such as Tips.
- Entrance to the Mountain of Huayna Picchu US $15.00 (Confirm this entrance at the moment of the reservation prior availability of spaces).
- Rafting activity on the first day add US $35.00.
- Zip Line activity on the third day add US $40.00.
- It has an additional cost if you wish to return by First Class train “VISTADOME Tourist Service”, increase US $35.00 per person.
- Train ticket from the Machu Picchu Hydroelectric Power Plant to Aguas Calientes. (The cost is US $30.00 per person) It takes 40 minutes.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- A backpack.
- Original Passport.
- Shorts and Sandals.
- Warm clothes.
- Walking Shoes.
- Rain poncho.
- Water Canteen.
- Camera and batteries.
- Repellent, sunscreen and hat.
- Flashlight. Toilet paper.
- Bath clothes (to enter the thermal baths).
- Bottle of water and purifying tablets.
- Extra money for emergencies.
- Sticks covered with rubber for the walk.
- Snack: Cookies, sweet chocolates, energy bars (optional)