Puno is a magical place full of live culture with its legends, traditions and colorful festivals. Above all, let yourself be surprised by its floating islands such as the Uros, made with reeds and are strategically located in the immense Lake Titicaca. Puno is a town proud of its past and traditions, proof of this are the festivals with dances and typical foods that are held every year. There is no reason not to enjoy this incredible destination.
UROS AND SILLUSTANI
We will pick you up from the hotel at 08:50 a.m. And we will go to the lake port, then we will leave by motorized boat. After 45 minutes of travel, we will arrive at the Uros floating islands, and we will have a 40-50 minute visit to the main islands. The inhabitants of the place will receive us with typical dances, and we will be able to appreciate the little reed houses and the handicrafts that they themselves make with fine fabrics. In these handicrafts they represent their customs and various typical animals of the area. Our guide will provide extensive information about Lake Titicaca, the legends of the Uros, their uses, customs and folklore. It will also make visitors aware that the Uros people live from fishing, hunting and gathering, as well as tourism and crafts. At 12:15 p.m. we will return to the city of Puno. We will have free time to have lunch (at the passenger’s expense).
At 2:00 p.m. we will leave for the archaeological complex of Sillustani, the trip will take 45 minutes. Sillustani is located on the shores of the Umayo lagoon and is well known for the Chullpas. Finishing the tour at 5:00 a.m. we return to the city of Puno. Where they will be transferred to their respective hotels.
- Transfer Hotel / Port. (Hotels within the city).Transfer Puno / Sillustani / Hotel.Hotels outside the city of Puno will bean additional cost of US $ 5.00.Snack Service on Board (Candies, cold and/or hot drinks).
- Entrance tickets Uros and Sillustani.
- Professional English-Spanish tour guide.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Passport or Identity Document.
- Video and/or photographic camera.
- Light clothing and comfortable shoes.
- A personal backpack.
- Sunglasses and plastic bag.
- Water Canteen or Bottle of mineral water.
- Medicines and personal things.
- Carry coins in small denominations Soles or Dollars