DAY 1: SPECIAL CITY TOUR
Reception at the airport and Free Morning. City Tour: We start the tour with the pick-up from the hotel at 1:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. We visit the Koricancha Temple and 4 archaeological sites that are located 8 km from the city: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, PucaPucara, and Tambomachay. Arrival in Cusco and overnight at the hotel.
Cusco is one of the most visited places in the world. The city and its surroundings are home to important archaeological centers, Inca walls, colonial buildings built on Inca ruins, and legendary roads that lead to lost citadels in the heights of the Andes. In addition, the ancient cultures of Peru are kept alive in the local inhabitants, through its gastronomy, colorful typical attire, textile works, and all the glory and mysticism that surround the imperial city of the Incas.
Cusco is the sacred city of the Incas and the Archaeological Capital of the Americas. That is why we have prepared this one-day tour that takes place in the afternoon after lunch, during which we will visit the most representative places of the ancient capital of the Inca empire.
Koricancha: We will discover the religious center known as the “Temple of the Sun”, where the impressive engineering used in its construction is highlighted.
Sacsayhuamán: We will be impressed with a fortress of monumental stones and excellent architecture, located 3 km. from the city of Cuzco.
Qenqo: We will continue our journey with a visit to this ceremonial and ritual center, where sacrifices were made and tributes were paid to ancient forces.
PucaPucara: Formerly known as Tambo, it is a surveillance post located on the Inca trail.
Tambomachay: It is located 7 km from the city of Cusco and is a ceremonial center for the worship of water, traditionally known as the “place of the waters”. It is an unmissable stop on our tour.
- Tourist bus.
- Official tourist guide.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entrance to the Koricancha Temple (US $ 5.00).
- Cusco Tourist Ticket, you can choose between 2 options: o Partial Tourist Ticket, tickets only for the City Tour (US$25.00), valid for 2 days. o Comprehensive tourist ticket, tickets for 16 tourist places (US$ 50.00), valid for 10 days.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Passport or Identity Document.
- Video and/or photographic camera.
- Light clothing and comfortable shoes.
- A personal backpack.
- Rain poncho.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Sunglasses and plastic bag.
- Water Canteen or Bottle of mineral water.
- Medicines and personal things.
- Carry coins in small denominations Soles or Dollars