In this session we will be able to appreciate according to the time and agricultural calendar of the community, we will practice a little the work of the agricultural activities with techniques
ancestral and traditional Andean tools such as the lampa, chaquitaclla, yunta and oxen, and they will explain the different types of crops they have, then we will go on to taste some of them.
In this session, we will be able to live the ancestral process of making Andean textiles made with sheep’s wool dyed with plants, minerals, and supplies.
natural, under the system called “away” using homemade tools such as small wooden boards and animal bones, we will have the opportunity to learn the traditional techniques used in the preparation of their materials, the extraction of wool, and the use of natural dyes, this activity is carried out by women.
Hike to Moray Viewpoint
We will go up to the highest part of the community there we will be able to appreciate the balcony of Maras where we will enjoy a privileged view, beautiful landscapes of the snow-capped mountains, and main Apus. From where you can see the entire archaeological complex of Maras.
- Tourism transportation.
- Official tourist guide.
- Local guide of the Misminay community.
- Food (prepared by the community).
- Participation in the workshops on Andean fabrics, agricultural workshop and walk to the Moray viewpoint.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Tickets to tourist places.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Passport or Identity Document.
- Video and/or photographic camera.
- Light clothing and comfortable shoes.
- A personal backpack.
- Rain poncho.
- Mosquito repellent
- Sunglasses and plastic bag.
- Water Canteen or Bottle of mineral water.
- Medicines and personal things.
- Carry coins in small denominations Soles or Dollars.
- Contain and send us your travel insurance prior to your arrival in Peru.
- Code: IPT-TVMMO01
- Departures: Every Day
- Duration: Half day (08:30 hrs. to 15:00 hrs.)
- Period: All year long
- Type: Traditional