We will embark on a unique experience with the inhabitants of the Qencco community, during which we will fish in the Qoricocha lake and explore the daily activities of this picturesque little town. On this tour, we will take a glimpse at the agriculture and textile works of the locals, as well as the llama and alpaca raising and grazing. Through this experience, we will learn about the life of the dwellers of the Andean heights and how they interact with their natural and cultural surroundings —taking valuable lessons we can use to enrich our everyday life.
Fishing In The Mountains
Ask for information
DAY 1: QORICOCHA LODGE (QENCCO COMMUNITY).
We will depart from Cusco City, embarking on a 2-hour road trip. On the way, we will make some strategic stops to admire and learn about the local flora and fauna. Additionally, we will be able to look from above at the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Upon our arrival at Qoricocha Lodge we will be greeted with flowers and music by the local community, with a magnificent lagoon as backdrop to the experience. The local guide will lead us through a guided sighting of the indigenous birds, after which we will recreate the local agricultural activities, such as the fallow (preparation of the soil for sowing) and the sowing of potato seeds in the surrounding crop fields. Later, we will enjoy a potato-based snack.
After this activity, we will head to the Qoricocha lake to recreate the local fishing practices, accompanied by the tourist guide and members of the community. They will tell us the story of the lake and teach us how to fish. Afterwards, we will visit the kitchen of the Qoricocha Lodge restaurant, where a member of the community will demonstrate how to prepare the pejerrey —the most important and nutritious element of the local cuisine.
Following the cooking demonstration, we will enjoy a typical lunch made by members of the community using local produce. After lunch, we will watch a demonstration of the Andean textile process, and a member of the community will explain to us the different uses of local medicinal plants..
In the afternoon, we will return to Cusco aboard our tourist bus.
- Round trip transportation from Cusco to Qoricocha Lodge (Qqencco community) and vice versa.
- Professional tourist guide (Spanish/English).
- Typical snacks.
- 01 lunch.
- Activities with members of the community.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen tank.
- Extra beverages.
- Food not mentioned above.
- Camera and extra batteries.
- Field notebook.
- Hiking shoes.
- Suitable clothes for rainy and sunny weather.
- Carrying extra money, especially if you want to purchase textile work at Qencco.
- Passport (keep inside a plastic bag, in the event of rain).
- Small handbag or backpack.
- Water bottle.
- Extra snack (chocolates, cookies, etc).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, insect repellent.
1. To make the reservation we need you to send us an email to [email protected] and [email protected] with the complete data of the passengers.
2. Make a 50% prepayment to confirm the reservation.
3. Once the payment has been made, we will be sending the service voucher confirming the reservation within 24 hours of having made the payment.
For more information, review our Reservations, Payments, Modifications and Cancellations policies.
WHY CHOOSE INFO
✔ Internationally certified.
✔ High quality and service vocation.
✔ Original and customized tours.
✔ Tourism professionals.
✔ Guaranteed best prices.
✔ We do sustainable tourism.
✔ 24/7 free consultation.
✔ We love what we do.
Inca Peru Travel, Direct Tour Operator in Cusco – Peru with more than 14 years of experience designing memorable memories in Peru, tailored to the needs of our travelers. With great commitment, dedication to service, innovation, quality, social and environmental responsibility.
Ask for information
- Sun block
- Sheer clothing for the night
- Sun lenses
- Mosquito repellent
- Original passports