DAY 1: SPECIAL CITY TOUR
Reception at the airport and Free Morning. City Tour: We start the tour with the pick-up from the hotel at 1:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. We visit the Koricancha Temple and 8 km from the city we visit the 4 ruins: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, PucaPucara, and Tambomachay. Arrival in Cusco and overnight at the hotel. Does not include: Full meals
Cusco is one of the most visited places in the world. The city and its surroundings are home to important archaeological centers, Inca walls, colonial buildings built on Inca ruins, and legendary roads that lead to lost citadels in the heights of the Andes. In addition, the ancient cultures of Peru are kept alive in the local inhabitants, through its gastronomy, colorful typical attire, textile works, and all the glory and mysticism that surround the imperial city of the Incas.
Cusco is the sacred city of the Incas and the Archaeological Capital of the Americas. That is why we have prepared this one-day tour that takes place in the afternoon after lunch, during which we will visit the most representative places of the ancient capital of the Inca empire.
Koricancha: We will discover the religious center known as the «Temple of the Sun», where the impressive engineering used in its construction is highlighted.
Sacsayhuamán: We will be impressed with a fortress of monumental stones and excellent architecture, located 3 km. from the city of Cuzco.
Qenqo: We will continue our journey with a visit to this ceremonial and ritual center, where sacrifices were made and tributes were paid to ancient forces.
PucaPucara: Formerly known as Tambo, it is a surveillance post located on the Inca trail.
Tambomachay: It is located 7 km from the city of Cusco and is a ceremonial center for the worship of water, traditionally known as the «place of the waters». It is an unmissable stop on our tour.
DAY 2: CUSCO – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
We will begin this tour very early where we pick you up from the hotel to go in tourist transport to the train station and make a captivating trip of three and a half hours of travel, to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, also known as «The Lost City of the Incas», today «New Wonder of the Modern World». We will arrive at the “Machu Picchu Pueblo” station (before “Aguas Calientes” at 2000 masl), we will immediately board our bus that will take us on a 30-minute trip, ascending a zigzag path, where we will finally arrive at the wonder from Machu Picchu. The excursion includes a guided tour of approximately 2 hours in the Citadel, visiting the most important sites such as the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the royal quarters, and the Temple of the Three Windows, and the cemeteries. Then we will have free time to take a walk through the citadel, take photos and film, and at the end we return to «Machu Picchu Pueblo» to have our food (Lunch) before boarding our return train. In the afternoon we will board our train to the town of Ollantaytambo, where our tourist transport awaits us to return to the City of Cusco.
DAY 3: CUSCO
Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
End of our services!!
- Tourist transport
- At the time indicated on your flight, transfer from the hotel to the airport.
- Transfers from the hotel to the train station and vice versa.
- Round trip train tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo, in “Expedition” or similar tourist service.
- Transfer by bus up and down “Aguas Calientes” – Machu Picchu – “Aguas Calientes”.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu (valid only for 1 day)
- Professional guide (Spanish – English).
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entrance to the Koricancha Temple (US$ 5.00).
- Cusco Tourist Ticket, you can choose between 2 options: o Partial Tourist Ticket, tickets only for the City Tour (US$25.00), valid for 2 days. o Tourist ticket for 16 tourist places (US$50.00), valid for 10 days.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Passport or Identity Document
- Video and/or photographic camera
- Light clothing and comfortable shoes
- A personal backpack
- Rain poncho
- Mosquito repellent
- Sunglasses and plastic bag
- Water Canteen or Bottle of mineral water
- Medicines and personal things
- Money for emergencies