DAY 1: WIÑAYWAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES
We pick you up from the hotel at 04:00 hrs. approx. To go in our private transportation to the train station of Ollantaytambo. There we will board the train that will take us to Km. 104, where we will begin our hike in a sub-tropical jungle landscape. During our journey we will visit the archaeological group of Chachabamba (2150m) and after approximately 3 hours of walking we will arrive at Wiñaywaina. This impressive archaeological complex is composed of an agricultural center with numerous terraces, a religious sector and an urban sector. Then we will go up to Inti Punku or «the Gate of the Sun» on a hike along a flat stone path on the edge of mountain cliffs, a journey that will take us an hour. From Inti Punku we will enjoy our first panoramic view of the majestic «Machu Picchu». From the Sun Gate we will descend to Machu Picchu and then take the bus to «Machu Picchu Pueblo» (formerly Aguas Calientes). We will spend the night in a previously selected hotel and optionally we will have the possibility to enjoy the hot springs of this magical town.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU
Very early in the morning we will go up to Machu Picchu on foot or by bus, to enjoy the sunrise in this magical place before the arrival of other tourists from the city of Cusco. We will enjoy the tranquility of the lost city of the Incas in a guided tour (Approx. 2 ½ hours), after which we will have some free time to walk around the Citadel or climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu (if you previously added this ticket to your visit). From here we will have spectacular views of the entire citadel of Machupicchu, as well as the valleys and mountains that surround it. If we wish, we can visit the Temple of the Moon and the fabulous Inca Bridge. In the afternoon we will go down by bus to Machu Picchu Pueblo (formerly Aguas Calientes town) from where we will return to Ollantaytambo by train, and then take our transportation to the city of Cusco.
- – Transfer from the hotel to the train station.
- – Tourist train ticket to the beginning of the trek (Km. 104), service «Expedition» or similar.
- – Return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo train station, «Expedition» tourist train or similar.
- – Return transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- – 02 Bus tickets Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (Round trip).
- Entrance fees:
- – Entries to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Lodging and meals:
- – 01 Night Hotel/Hostal accommodation in Aguas Calientes, according to the hotel chosen (see list below).
- – Food: 01 Box Lunch, 01 Dinner, 01 breakfast at the hotel.
- – Professional English / Spanish guide during the whole tour (2 guides from 9 passengers and up).
- – First aid kit.
- – Emergency oxygen bottle.
- – Taxes and income.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch on the second day.
- Extra services such as tips.
- Visit to the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes which is located 10 minutes walk from town (entrance fee is US $ 4.00, towel and bathing clothes can be rented there).
- 01 Bus tickets Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (US $ 12.00).
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain (US $ 70.00 (Confirm this entrance at the time of booking, subject to availability of spaces).
- Buffet lunch at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, US $ 40.00 per person. Or Lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes US $ 15.00 per person.
- There is an additional cost if you wish to travel by First Class Train Round Trip «VISTADOME Tourist Service», increase US $ 70.00 per person (One way or round trip US $ 35.00).
- Extra services such as Gratuities.
Please provide and send us your travel insurance prior to your arrival in Peru.
It is important to present the same original documents (identity card or passport) with which you registered your reservation at the time of entering the Inca Trail, otherwise you will not be able to enter. The document numbers must match those of the document with which you made the reservation. If for any reason you changed your passport number after making the reservation, please inform us before your arrival in Cusco or bring both documents (the old and the new one).
How can I find out the availability of the 2 Day Inca Trail?
The best way to find out the availability of this interesting trek is by contacting an agency authorized to do this trek. Inca Peru Travel is a specialist in trekking routes, especially the Inca Trail 2 and 4 Days. It is only necessary that you contact one of our salesmen so that he is informing you immediately about the availabilities.
Can I do the Inca Trail the day after my arrival in Cusco?
Cusco, the imperial city is at an altitude of 3350 meters above sea level, so if you come from a much lower place or at sea level. The best and most advisable is to be at least 2 days in Cusco before doing the Inca Trail. The most advisable is a correct acclimatization so you will be able to do the trek without any problem or altitude sickness.
Is it necessary to hire a travel agency for the Inca Trail 2 days?
Because it is a route that requires a lot of maintenance and constant care for being a historical legacy with more than 500 years old, it is necessary, important and mandatory to hire an authorized travel agency for this adventure. Keep in mind that not all agencies can operate it directly if they do not have the corresponding authorization, at present, there are only 230 travel agencies that meet all the requirements, among them is the team of Inca Peru Travel.
Is the Inca Trail open all year round?
The Inca Trail is open 11 months of the year, except for the month of February, which is closed for maintenance and because it is the month with the most rain in Cusco. Keep in mind that from December to March is the rainy season and it can sometimes close some days during this time, due to inconveniences, landslides, natural problems. It is important that after booking always be in contact with your agency salesperson to be constantly updated.
What is the most advisable month to do the Inca Trail?
The most advisable is from April to November. At this time it is dry season, so you will not find much rain and you will enjoy the mountainous landscapes of the route to the maximum.
How do I book the Inca Trail with Inca Peru Travel?
As we are an authorized local direct operator. We ask for 50% of the total amount of the tour, this can be done by credit card, bank deposit or Western Union. Please note that for a previous reservation, our salesmen will ask for basic and important information such as: Copy of Passport or Identity Card (your ID has to be valid and if it is expired, you can make the reservation but you have to bring both original passports for the control at the beginning of the trek), another document will also be the Student Card (if you have it) this so that the corresponding discounts can be applied.
If I have already booked this trek, is it possible to change the date?
No, unfortunately it is not possible to change the dates, it is important that at the time of booking, you are very sure.
What should I bring for the 2-day Inca Trail?
As a recommendation, we recommend that you only bring what you need, for example light clothes for the day since you will get warm during the hike and warm clothes for the night. A backpack of 45 liters can be good, so you can comfortably carry your belongings.
Can anyone do the Inca Trail for 2 days?
Yes, this trek does not demand as much physical effort as the Inca Trail 4 days, the maximum altitude will be 2400 m.a.s.l. approx. and we will pass through a sub-tropical landscape. The hike is done only the first day and will be 9km approx. with rest periods.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- A backpack
- Original passport
- Extra clothes for two days of travel.
- Warm clothing.
- Walking shoes.
- Rain poncho
- Water bottle.
- Camera and batteries
- Repellent, sunscreen and Hat
- Toilet Paper
- Bottle of water and purifying tablets
- Optional :
- – Walking sticks covered with rubber for the hike.
- – Snack: Cookies, candy, chocolates, energy bars (optional).